Just got back from Rome a few hours ago. It was amazing! And very nice and warm yesterday. I left Friday morning with my Mediterannean City Art history class at 5:30...tough hour but I got to sleep on the bus. First we stopped at some Renaissance Villas
a hour or so outside of Rome. It was soo beautiful. We got to rome in the afternoon and did the Papal procession (known as the possessio) that begins at St. Peters Basilica and ends in S. Giovanni in Laterano. Our teacher/TA treated us to the best best caffe at an amazing little place near Piazza Navona and the Pantheon. We stopped in there for a little bit and then headed back to the hotel and had the evening off. I went to a late dinner with five friends
at a really deliciousss Italian restaurant. Afterwords we walked to Piazza Navona
and then Piazza Campo di'Fiori...its a really lively, young, fun place where we went out to a couple bars and ran into a bunch of other Syracuse kids. Twas fun.

In the morning we had a SU tour guide named Rocky take us around the major sites in Rome. We started at the Vatican Museums where I saw so many amazing things that i've only been able to see on screens for the past four years. It was crazy. After we walked through the Sistine Chapel we went to St. Peters Bascilica and then the Colosseum. It was all so beautiful..and we didnt have to wait in any lines which made it so efficient and easy. My friends and I decided to stay for one more night and we booked a hotel. We got wine and cheese and hung out with a bunch of SU kids before getting pizza and walking to the Campo di'Fiori area again. We caught a train back this morning and got to florence in an hour and a half. The train was really nice and the ride was beautiful. I have four days of classes and then I'm going to Assisi on Saturday for another All-School trip.
I put all of my pictures up on the slideshow in the top right corner of my blog. Just click the photos and you should be brought to a website where you can look at them bigger!

No comments:
Post a Comment